Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fall cleaning?

I've always heard the stories about spring cleaning.  For years, I thought it was the only time I really needed to dig in and move stuff.  I would open the windows, shake and wash the throw rugs, actually move the stuff off the bookcases and tables and other areas of catch-all clutter.  I would even wash some of the curtains and give the windows a Windex bath. That part was much easier for the short time at 929 after the new windows were installed and forever here at EIEIO.  Second story windows at 929 were only washed on leap years.....so 7.5 times I would hold my breath with one leg firmly planted behind me in case I accidentally fell through the window and wash the 17 windows (upstairs)... I am NOT a fan of heights....The only favorable part was that for 4 years not only could I not see out, but nobody could see in.
Now that I have become wiser with age, I realize that it might be prudent to clean a touch more often......like when the sun shines in the windows and the dust sparkles like fairies invaded.  Sometimes, if I'm wearing long sleeves, I just pull them over my hand and give tables the once over.
Living in upstate NY, the chance of the sun shining on consecutive days or even weeks was iffy so I was usually good to go till the next high came through.....(weather related of course!)
Since Jett and Paisley arrived in the same cleaning cycle. once in awhile.....seldom, I realized that shedding from one might be unhealthy for the other.  I fastidiously cleaned Paisley pup accidents and burned aromatic candles.  The diaper thing was working so well for Jett, I actually momentarily considered it for Paisley......too expensive and I'd still have to change her :-/  Now that Paisley is gone and Jett is really ready to travel the hardwood, I've decided that a good Fall cleaning is warranted.  That and if I don't keep busy, I get all teary and want to play tug of war or fetch...alone.  That might be grounds for some kind of therapy if someone were to actually see me throwing a ball and retrieving it myself.
So, fall clean up it is! Carpets steam cleaned, everything dusted, black fur balls are tucked in my pocket and Fall decorations are slowly making their way here and there.  Fans and air conditioners are ready to hibernate in the utility room and windows are open, which I realize just allows more fairy dust inside but the days are shorter and there's less chance for it to show.
I don't allow white glovers in my house anyway so the only reason for the sweeper to hum is to keep Jett's knees from looking like he just visited the scene of a Hoarder's episode!  It's therapeutic for me too..... Busy hands and legs keep me from missing my morning playtime.  It's literally time to Fall into step and usher in a new routine! I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment