Tuesday, September 6, 2016

5th Grade ♥





































She's off to 5th grade.  One of two opportunities to be one of the big fish in the little pond.  I'm hoping she has a wonderful year. It appears that she has a great class with a wonderful teacher... Before moving into 7th grade, I only had one male teacher and I learned a lot from him.  Men just seem to have a different style of teaching that I enjoyed.  Mr. Hall was strict but I remember the year well.....not sure what I did yesterday but I remember 4-5 grades. We were moved around a bit back in the "old days."  Kindergarten was in Moravia on Church Street in the back of the Elementary building, 1-4, I attended the "Old" Locke School on Rt. 90, 5th grade (my favorite) was held at the Locke Firehouse and finally 6th was back in the Elementary building on Church Street.  The "new" elementary school hadn't yet been built.  5th grade was very cool!!  Unfortunately, our teacher, Mrs. Sawyer,  fell and broke her hip so we had a sub for a bit... When she returned, the big boys, ie: Paul O'Connell, would carry her up the inside few steps to our classroom. When Paul wasn't in trouble for swearing, I think he was really her favorite :-)  I hope Bailee learns as much as we did and enjoys every day!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment