Thursday, October 15, 2015

Color my World


What can possibly be better than fall in upstate New York! It doesn't get much better than jacket weather and a morning ride through the cornfields.  The wind through the corn is a sound like no other.   The swooshing take off of a brace of ducks or the rhythmic honking of a gaggle of geese can only be topped by a couple of black otters swimming bank to bank on my favorite watering hole  (some call it a ditch....it's way more than a ditch)... Beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder.  Folks get excited about touring the world....seeing the Eiffel Tower or the Matterhorn, the canals of Venice or Niagara Falls.  I have all those beautiful sights right here at EIEIO.  I go to bed listening to the roar of the falls, I wake up to the sun shining on the orange and yellow trees with a pileated woodpecker almost always singing his distinct song.  I can look out to the east and see waves of color or trees coated in snow with the reality that sometime during the day the chances of seeing an eagle are optimum.  I have my children close and my grandchildren closer.. There is NO Place I'd rather be.
Color me blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment