Friday, August 7, 2015

Yay... Technology Baby!!!

The world of technology is moving so fast.  Sometimes, I wish it would just slow down a bit and let me catch up.  Yesterday was NOT one of those days! Lacie texted early in the day to say she had heard "Walter's" (our name until we know better) heartbeat.  Emoticons help express feelings but none were needed in that text.  152 bpm.....kind of fast and that old wive's tale of faster- girl, slower - boy really only applies to honey-do lists.  She was able to bring home the miracle Doppler thingy and actually let me hear for myself. Right after the cold front moving in and the mini hurricane.....I heard it!!! The very best sound in the world after someone saying, "there's a rest area in one mile!" It was loud and pretty fast and then it moved out of ear shot... Seriously?   How far could it go?  So we took a short walk around EIEIO hoping for him/her to return to the surface. I don't know about Walter but I could then hear MY heartbeat and I didn't need a device... (Maybe more walking is in order for Grandma too.)  Once again, the auditory search was on...."Where's Walter"   and suddenly the tiny, rapid, little beats filled the room...OK, maybe not the whole room...it's a big room... maybe they just filled my heart and it seemed like the whole room.  How could anything the size of a lime steal your heart at every turn? 
On September 5th, Grandmas, big sis and Mom and Dad are heading to Rochester to see just what the heck is growing in there.  We know Walter is already who he (or she) is going to be and it's time for us to know too.  How in the world did my parents manage an entire 9 month period without knowing who I was?  And that's another head scratcher.... Why does it now take TEN months to have a baby...?? 40 weeks....I'm not any Einstein but last I knew 9 x 4 = 36... WTH. Must have something to do with Common Core!
So today, a big thumbs up for technology! We learned he was there, now we know that he's growing and soon we'll see what he looks like and if he's sporting the junk on the outside or inside. Either way, I really don't care.  His mommy has already proven she's got the brains, compassion and common sense to be a great Mom and I raised the daddy......enough said♥

No comments:

Post a Comment