Monday, October 13, 2014

Fantasy "Island"

I thoroughly enjoy Fantasy Football.  We "win" nothing more than the occasional "atta boy/girl" for correctly drafting players, astutely choosing our weekly lineup and luckily finding our players healthy!  It keeps us all interested in more than just our favorite team.....which in my case would make a lot of Sundays (and Thursdays and Mondays) depressing.  I am a Bills fan..( sounds like an AA meeting) I'm not 100% sure why except for the fact that if you are a true fan, you hang in there through thick and thin....consecutive Super Bowl losses makes for a pretty thin line.  There are always games that remind you why you love your team and then there was yesterday.  My 2 favorite teams are The Bills and The Seahawks.  Then I would probably hang in there with the Jets and Giants if only to show allegiance to my state.............although they play in New Jersey:-(  All four of those teams lost yesterday :-(  That's why I love my FF.  I was avidly rooting for the Colts on Thursday nght as I have Andrew Luck as one of my QB's.  Who wouldn't want a player named Luck?  My benched QB was Joe Flacco and it ended up that he would have given me 10 more points than my Lucky QB....who knew.  Then there are injuries, drug tests and wife beatings.... Now who can predict those? 
Last season I did pretty well in the standings and this season, so far, I have had some respectable wins. 3-2...............................until yesterday.  I was pretty optimistic until my RB's and WR's faltered. My opponent and I only had Sunday daytime games so I knew I wouldn't have to wait for Monday night to see my fate.  It was 7:00 and the prime time games were over. I clicked on my FF iPhone app and saw this:
Oh crap..."ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY ! There's always next week on my Fantasy Island:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment