Monday, January 11, 2021

2021.... that's odd!

 Pretty sure that 2021 is going to be another extremely ODD year......odd in so many ways.  We all are turning an odd number; 5, 69, 71, 15, 43...That's odd as they total an odd number too. It's odd (sort of) that school is from home and it's odd that that is becoming accepted as normal! It's odd that wearing a mask EVERYWHERE is now normal... Catalogs and ads offer masks to match your outfits...WTF.  It's odd that you can catch (or spread) Covid standing next to a restaurant table but not sitting at the table.  You can also spread the virus at church but not so much at Wal-Mart....I try to avoid both places...Sorry God but I pray at home....a long, sad, evening prayer that includes and asks for help for way too many people.  It's odd that at nearly 70, I continue to oversee the safety and well-being of children (and adults!)  My recliner time, reading time and quiet time have been shortened rather than lengthened.   That's odd!  It's odd that I now enjoy period movies and series that depict history and at the very same time I count the hours until a football game appears on my screen......both are relatively violent at times and quite entertaining.  It's odd that I'm losing interest in soap operas as my own life is often more drama filled and slightly more entertaining. It's odd that the cold doesn't bother me but ice terrifies me, staying home makes me happy and travel unnerves me and the news disappoints me while game shows entertain me...... Maybe I have a bit of a spelling problem (just kidding) and things really aren't all that ODD...I'm just OLD.  Regardless, I think we're in for 12 more months of life continuing to be an oddity.  I have decided to just sit back and go with the flow.  After all, you have to be ODD to be number one...... right Dr. Seuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment