Monday, August 3, 2020

Pre-Quarantine..last post:-)

I cannot believe my last post was pre-quarantine...March 6, 2020!

It would take me hours and pages to fill in the past 5 months of nothing and EVERYTHING.  A week after that post, the world began to slow down and nearly close.... THE WORLD.... not the USA, not New York or Moravia...the WORLD. Such an apocalyptic thought never seriously ever crossed my mind.  We all started mumbling that the schools may have to close for a bit to get this new virus under control...then it did.......and never again reopened...to date. The end of the school year seemed to be manageable for most as the teachers already knew their students and how they learned and vice versa.  For us, it was OK... B is a good student and managed with a final overall average of 98....I was thrilled!!!!! (and so was she.)

I even struggled through not seeing my breakfast crew each morning for many months. They are the group that keeps me sane and laughing.. The very best therapy takes place there and we are all better grandpeople because of that.  A few months in, we masked and gathered at a neutral spot, 6 feet apart and commiserated...a lot.

Fast forward to now!  We are back at therapy in our comfortable spot. We follow the rules to keep others safe, our spot open and our sanity in tact.   I think it's working but then we're all living in the same asylum (neighborhood) so who would really know.

Last week, the , yet unapproved, plan for "Back to School" was announced for our district and many surrounding.  Let me explain that absolutely NOBODY will be 100% happy until our old normal is back in place.  There are those of us who understand that you cannot believe everything you see, hear or read. (how scary is that?)  Personally, I believe that much of the entire fiasco is political.  I know folks are dying, I know folks are sick and I know folks are scared.  I also know that there have been viruses for decades and even centuries that have taken their path and reckoned themselves.  Hell, I never got a basic flu shot until my, then DIL, said I needed to if I wanted to hold my newborn grandson....I did...and I did!!!! Please don't misinterpret my views....I know there is a health concern....but I also know there is an election and everybody hates somebody.  My dislike for someone has no power!  Unfortunately, the dislike (and that's a benign term) that politicians have for others is devastating and divisive.  We are suffering from far more than a health pandemic.  Until we fight back, we will be closed until further notice

On a personal note, Bailee will hopefully begin her high school years next month. My prayers (and they are many) are that she will get to meet those who will educate her, she will be taught history as it happened and not how some perceive it, she will have days of safe socialization, English will be reinforced to all so they will not sound like morons as they post their feelings, their perceptions and their hopes and that four years down the road, the idea of furthering her education will even be an option!

I will now head to lunch with a pal of 60 years and don my mask before removing it to down a bloody mary... I still believe alcohol kills germ!


No comments:

Post a Comment