Monday, May 6, 2019

New Normal

Change is strange..... it's making things radically different to charting a different position or course.   I thought I was too old for change...little did I know. Some changes don't ask for permission. I'm in the midst of that right now.  Saying no is not an option.  I need to take the protagonist position right now but I don't have the power to affect the outcome...I don't like that......not one bit.

I'm supposed to be the elder with the experience and the good advice.  Without having the experiences, I find myself treading water while trying to decide which stroke will help me (us!)  Basically, I just want OUT of the pool! 

I have taken so many deep breaths lately that I've found myself with terminal hiccups.  What I want to do (and say) is nowhere near what I know is prudent. Then again, being prudent, cautious and filtered has never been my strong suit!

My new normal is helping when asked, abstaining from unsolicited advice, keeping the new monikers to a minimum and learning to accept that I am not only unnecessary but in some cases, unwanted. That's a challenge..especially during Mother's Day week when everyone seems to be over appreciative. 

I have reconciled that life is (will be) different. That I will be thankful for those who care, leery of those who do not and wise enough to know the difference.

P.S.  I still love Mondays!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment