Monday, November 6, 2017

Hello Holidays!

Last week was a long, hard one. Crises make for the aging process to speed up. Something none of us wants. Even on  Halloween night, I was pursued by the Grim Reaper.  He thought it was fun and I was trying to be jovial....I really wanted to trip him but he was enjoying following me from house to house and traversing the street as well.  All in good fun!  Jett was adorable in his Mima built bulldozer and would have stolen first place (I'm biasedly sure) if he had gotten to the judging on time.  Bailee shined as "Star" in Star vs the Forces of Evil....whoever the hell that is.  That costume was a nightmare on Main Street from the get go but thanks to a talented seamstress and Grandma's wallet, we (re)made it....Papa joined us and we all trick or treated and ended up at Subway (where else) for supper. We were even treated to Great Grandma's popcorn balls thanks to Gary and Faye!

Another Halloween in the BOOks and we're on track for birthdays, Thanksgiving and then the Big day in December.  Shopping is a wrap....literally and Thanksgiving decor is up.  Lots of holiday lunches and dinners are on tap and we'll throw in Bailee and Jeff's parties for good measure.  Eleven and thirty-nine..who'da thought!?

We did turn back time last week-end which is the most depressing part of my year. Lee went to bed last night at 6:45 and I made it until somewhere around 8:30 when I watched the first 5 minutes of "Wisdom of the Crowd" and from then on..... the back of my eyelids!

It's that time of year.................colder, darker, sleepier but more festive.... I'll deal with it!


























No comments:

Post a Comment