Monday, October 30, 2017

Put on a happy face....................

Put on a happy face....Sometimes Tony Bennett, that's easier said than done.  The last few days it's been tough. I know that every day won't be a happy one and not everyone will attempt to make it that way........so, why do I?  My ultimate goal in life is to try and make things easier for my kids and grandkids.....but what happens when it is taken for granted and unappreciated? That's a rhetorical question folks. I don't really expect an answer and I wouldn't want to hear it anyway!  I give advice all the time to do the best you can to make yourself happy and then others will be too. Sometimes that's just a bunch of hogwash. It's kind of like the airplane analogy that you give yourself the oxygen first so you're able to then help others. I'm struggling with that this week. 

My life seems to be a series of peace keeping missions and my diplomacy genes are growing old. Sitting at the table facing hostile fire while attempting to limit collateral damage is pretty tough. Generally my verbal filter is turned off and I tell it like it is!  Lately I've had to swallow my words in an effort to maintain some semblance of sanity....I understand that everyone chooses their own path and has to deal with what pops out of the trees but dragging others with you down that rough road isn't always the best choice.

Aging while staying happy shouldn't be this difficult.  It's time for the holidays and for giving thanks. I wonder if Amazon sells gratitude?  I need to grab a couple gift cards and have them delivered ASAP!











No comments:

Post a Comment