Monday, September 11, 2017

Slacker (or Slower?)

Boy am I behind in the blogging department.  nearly a month is the longest I haven't at least added a picture or a short message.  I'm either slacking or getting slower in my old age.....or both.  So, since mid August, it has been a busy time. Jess and Bailee went to Mother/Daughter camp at Casowasco for a few days and, by the grace of God, didn't kill each other.  We made it through school shopping...with the same grace and managed to start 6th grade in the Jr-Sr High School building in spite of Bailee being way under the weather. Saying it takes a village to raise a child is an under statement.  B is now fully entrenched in the Middle School memorizing two locker combinations, which day is A or B and the names of her new teachers, remembering NOT to say gym class (it appears the new generation of educators fee less 'gymy" and more "Physical!"   .....whatever!)  because it's PE now or Phys Ed!)  They now have brunch.... because being the little fish in the big pool means you eat lunch at 10:10 a.m.


I finally found my old truck that I have been searching for.  It seems everyone wants one now that Pinterest has made us aware of how cool they look as yard decor. I looked from Missouri to Waterloo and Lee found him for me right in our own back yard (well almost!)  There probably actually was one here once!!!  I have named him JimBob. and he's 70 years old.... Jim for the amazing friend who had him and gave him to me and Bob for the prior owner of EIEIO, Bob McDonald......hence, EIEIO! Lee got him to the shop for a shower and a shave (and a little makeover and TLC!).................The story doesn't end there.  We found an old insurance card with the name of the original owner.  It was the farm truck for my friend, Joe Vitale's family. They bought it new, used it for years, and somehow it managed to find it's way home to me.  Joe and his brother Jim have pictures and stories to tell.  I love JB even more.  Hopefully, he'll get to EIEIO this week-end and we'll dress him in fall colors for a few weeks until it's time for Halloween decor.

We celebrated Lacie's 34 birthday yesterday (actual b-day is 9-11.)  Always a great time when our two families become one. We we friends before Jeff and Lace and family now!!!♥  Pam "made over" my old dresser from Overbrook (lake house) and transformed it into a thing of beauty!!  Lacie is very sentimental and loved it.  Pam is amazing!  We had a wonderful dinner of all Lacie's favorite things...GIANT crab legs, sirloin steak, asparagus and twice baked sweet potatoes!  It was a fun day outside to shoot, do crafts, enjoy cart rides,go for walks, collect walnuts and inside to watch the Bills win their season opener! Despite a few bumps and bruises, it was a great day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment