Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bad boys, Bad boys..

I have come to a rather interesting conclusion.  The older I get, the more appealing bad boys seem.  It was always my perception of aging that the progression was to be calm, don't rock the boat, quiet and peaceful and a big dose of prim and proper.  Wrong!  I first noticed it when the "new" Ridge appeared on The Young and the Restless.  He's a bit rough, his hair is long, he has an appealing accent and is hot!  I've always liked Max and Val on Dancing with the Stars but I especially loved them last season.  I've never been a proponent of tattoos....but I've grown to kind of like them (on men not women!)  One of my favorite pigskin players is the Seahawk's Richard Sherman..He was not a favorite of some at the end of last season but he was/is a favorite of mine.... I think he's awesome!..One of my favorite new shows, I stumbled on one night over a year ago.  It was the pilot of a Cinemax drama called Banshee.  I've never been a fan of violence and sex on TV...OK, maybe just violence... This show has a huge helping of both along with a bad boy main character.  I was hooked!!! And then there's Christian Grey!  I read the first book.................and the second and the third.  Will I go to the movie?  Hello, Happy Valentine's Day to me!


So, I ask myself....."How could you have gotten so off track on the mild mannered, senior citizen train?" I now realize that not all bad boys break hearts and not all Boys-Next-Door have gentlemanly intentions. They come in all forms and pretenses and coats of charming armor. I'm 62 and if I want my knight in armor or leather or nothing at all, I've earned it and it's my imagination anyway....so get off my back............................................................or not ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment