Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Stuck in the Middle

Mid February is winter hump time.  We're getting kind of sick of the cold, we've had a bit of snow, Santa arrived, Father New Year and Cupid drops in this week-end.  It does stay light until nearly 5:45 which is a mere blessing in itself. It staves off my bedtime by an hour.  There are some good shows on prime time and a few new series that fill in the blanks. I've started watching a new movie every afternoon and always fit in at least an hour of reading.  It's not like my dance card is full!

My vacation is impending...Lee will be off to Florida this week and then it's me time, my time, all the time... Kind of like it always is :-)  Our chickens have been relocated..some to Sempronius and some to heaven..  Bruce will be returning to Burtless Road and Baby hopefully going to Genoa.  Spring will then be time to take down fencing, reseed the lawns and decide on a new use for the barn... I have ideas!!!! I rather enjoy planning....... I still have that caboose for sale swimming in the back of my mind. The perfect pool house it would be!!!!I'd only need a crane and trailer to move it, a dozer to level its new home and a torch to fit in the French doors....doesn't every caboose have French doors?

February usually sucks weather wise but with only 28 days, we'll muddle through...especially knowing that with March, comes spring...on paper.  St Patrick's Day always brings snow and we usually have it in April as well.  At least in those months, it comes and goes quickly. We're over the hump in no time.

For those of us who are not travelers, patience is a virtue. I have almost achieved that virtue and it only took 69 years. What's the rush.  I have a warm house that I love, books that entertain, television shows that teach and friends who help me complete sentences, remember names and ............something else????  It'll soon be time to slide down the other side of the hump and find myself no longer stuck in the middle!


No comments:

Post a Comment