Monday, December 7, 2020

 Finally, a moment to sit and reflect.  It's a cold, upstate, New York morning only 2 weeks from the "real" start of winter.  Presents are wrapped and under the trees, decorations are hanging, Christmas cards are in the mail and out-of-town packages have been shipped. Basically, I'm ready......but something's amiss:-(........  the joy!  I've always had the joy and none of the preparations ever seemed like work.  I have a few friend's lunches over the holidays which I anticipate eagerly.  One group has felt the need to postpone due to Covid (understandably) and another trio for dinner is down to a duet.  Another dinner will be close by and our Breakfast Crew is still a go..... These are some of my favorite gatherings and I will fight tooth and nail to make sure they happen. I hate masks but if that's what it takes, I'm in and they're on!  I still have questions about why my germs don't exist at the table but may be death sentences when I stand up and walk to my car. Someday, I may understand but for now, I'll do my part and continue to bitch about our Governor and hope that the lingering effects don't show up in the health, education and well being of....well nearly everyone I know.....young and old.

Life in my house is so far from anything I ever thought my 60's, the holidays or the golden years would be.   I always envisioned my feet up in my recliner, a book in my hand or a football game on the telly. A bloody mary or a diet Pepsi would be near by and something very......chocolate.  It would take me one morning to do a week's laundry, supper would be anything from pot roast to cereal to nothing and I'd look forward to visits from my kids and grandkids.....♥    Now, don't get me wrong, I am living this new live to the best of my limited capacities.  I can make sure homework is completed, meds are taken, teeth are brushed and hands are washed more often. I can play cards, lose to everyone at Monopoly, prod conversation at the dinner table and wish that screen time was a thing of the past (as I hide my phone on my lap and watch the stock market, my fantasy football and who had what for supper!!)

I can and will do this!!! Everyone's need for me will make sure that I do.  I will find my joy again in keeping those who I love healthy, happy, educated and sane.  I am fortunate to have many caring friends (who may be family or even closer) that I can call on to give me a much needed "atta girl" and a few extra prayers to boot.  You know who you are!

I will try and share here as often as I can.. I'm hoping winter brings me a few more hours of "me time!" and a few more opportunities to enjoy my limited vices...

I have had the need to make this blog private so my readers are few but a few friends are way better than a gaggle of gossipers!!! Till next time...Take care and don't lose YOUR joy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment