Friday, January 24, 2020

Our New Normal

I actually have a few extra minutes this morning and I thought I'd better see when I last visited my blog... Holy cow, it's been TWO months.  Life is a bit fuller (and busier) now that we have a full house again. We cook more meals, wash more dishes, do more laundry, drive more miles, play more games, buy more groceries but we also love more fully. Hugs and I love yous before bed,  conversations about your day at dinner and kudos for all the wonderful accomplishments each day. Who knew this would be our life at nearly 70?  Not that I am complaining one single bit. ♥

Bonds are stronger than ever; cousin to cousin, uncle to niece, granddaughter to Papa and Grandma and grandparents to grandson.  The mother/son one has been there for 4 decades. Don't get me wrong, we ALL still need our "me time" and we ALL pretty much know when it becomes necessary. We've got it and it's working!

We made it through the fall birthdays and holidays. I'm continually trying to understand that less is more....Now that it's all here, I get it! Chores are shared and it's working.

Don't get me wrong....it's different. A year ago I could eat a Hershey bar for dinner and be good to go...Not so much now! Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy aren't just on at 7, they're tournaments right down to our final Jeopardy wagers and bragging rights that go a long way. So, many hours of Word Party get traded for equal numbers of minutes of Property Brothers.  Yep, we have many TVs but everyone's learning to tolerate each other's likes and dislikes. I have learned to very much DISLIKE "The Office!" Bailee's favorite all-time show. Just hearing the theme song makes me cringe!

A quick week-end get-away is in store for B and me. Off to Turning Stone to watch Dancing with the Stars ...Kate Flannery will dance and of course, she was on The Office!!!  The men will have their me-time too......without us.  Hoping Mother Nature is good to us and Father Time stays away from everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment